Welcome to DeHaan Arts, a full-service
book design studio for publishers and authors.
Publishing a book is a life-long dream; helping authors achieve it is a privilege and a pleasure. Fundamental skills of painting, drawing, typography and photography are my roots; as is the love of reading—both fiction and nonfiction. Each book project at DeHaan Arts is market researched, custom designed and professionally printed, while ensuring your book-making process is fulfilling, stress-free and affordable (U.S. labor only). My Linkedin profile is out there for more details about my work and experience over the last 20+ years working in publishing. Please browse DeHaanArts.com Book Design Portfolio for examples of book projects.
Clients have included: Wisconsin Historical Society Press, University of Wisconsin Press, Arbor Farm Press, and Campanile Books and indie authors.
Quotes available upon request.
Custom Book Cover Design: starting at $350
- original book/ebook cover illustration and design for paperbacks and book jackets
- stock photography and illustration research for books
- photography restoration, color management and colorization
- text-only book covers
- design teams available
- expert pre-press services: on-demand digital printing and traditional lithographic printing
Custom Book Text Design: starting at $1/page
- original text/interior design
- book proofing and quality control
- traffic management
- photo restoration
- expert pre-press production
Publishing Consulting: $50/hour
- print buying
- publishing workflows
- copyright pages
- Indie publishing: Amazon, Ingram’s Lightning Source, and lithographic printing
Book Marketing: $50/hour
- online book marketing strategies
- marketing materials: posters, postcards, business cards
- advertisements for print and web; animations for GoodReads.com
Author Websites: $varies
- website design
- search engine optimization (SEO)
- WordPress training
- website maintenance
Request a quote